Posted on May 10, 2008
Flash Game Development Inter-web mash up : May. 10, 2008
The latest in Blog entries and articles that might interest Flash game developers.
- Import MovieClip, Sprite, and even tilesheets!
- Animate each clip at it’s own frame rate.
- Control it just like you would a MovieClip.
- It even creates pre-rotated frames for you! Now you can have super fast animated clips AND support rotation! WOOT.
- You can also support scaling by simply adding the clip to a sprite without losing *much* speed.
It looks very promising and easy to use.
GamingYourway.com‘s nGfx has and entry on his new game about the Old West, called Law of the West. I love stories on how games are made and behind the scenes information on the thoughts and processes that go into making good games. It looks like a very fun game. I know I break this out too often, but we had an Atari ST game on the American Civil war that this reminds me of.
Emanuele Feronato‘s blog has a write up on how to earn $50 by adding the Game HomePage API into your games. As always, he explains exactly what you need to do to get the cold hard cash, including that fact that your game must be pretty good or it won’t be accepted.
That’s it for this week. If you have a blog that you would like included in the round-up, please email us. Also, you can stay informed every day by visiting http://www.flashgameblogs.com/.