It is still very quiet on the Silverlight game development front this week. However, we will forge through as we believe this platform is going to be very significant very soon.
- Tic Tac Toe by Lee Saunders is a version of this very simple game, but Lee has included all the code and project files. I look forward to his next experiment in A.I.
- SimpleVB has a cool little “bouncing ball” game reminiscent of many Flash games out there. It shows a lot of promise.
The Mix 2009 10K Smart Coding Challenge Has A ton Of Cool Silverlight Game Entries. The key to the contest is to Make a game in 10K or less. I love stuff like this because it forces programmers to really think about what they are going to to use in their game, and still make it fun.
- Battle Planes is a take on Battleship by Sorin Tarceatu.
- Bubble Mania by Gabriel Nitulescu is in the “Click Like Things Next To Each Other To Make Them Disappear” genre. It’s simple, but games like this are always enjoyable.
- Silver Rubix is a great looking Rubiks Cube simulation by Timmy Kokke.
- Spin And Win is a gorgeous slot machine simulator by Grant Archibald
- Warp Jumper, a cool pseudo 3D bouncing ball game from Wian van Aggelen
- Silverhack, Tommi Pirttiniemi’s version of Nethack written in Silverlight
There are many more good games too, so check out the full list of entries.
Here is something old, but really cool: Chris Bowen’s list of Silverlight Games (some with source code) from last June.
Also, here is a very recent Silverlight vs. Flash game comparison from the masters over at ShineDraw: Snake Snacks Game.
Finally, we launched our own new game written in Silverlight named “Zamboozal Silverlight”, based on a game we made 20 years go. You read about it and play it here: http://www.8bitrocket.com/newsdisplay.aspx?newspage=23363
Anyway, that is it for this week. We’ll back again next time with even more…