Posted on October 5, 2009
Adobe Max Report Day #1
OK, so here are my notes from Adobe Max Day #1:
1. Biggest News: Flash On The iPhone. This does not mean it can run Flash apps in the browser, but it does mean that you can compile to native iPhone apps kind of like you make Projectors for Windows.
2. Flash Catalyst: I had not seen this before. It’s a cheap, cut-down version of Flash that you can use to create animations. I liked this better when it was called Flash 4. I see what they are trying to do though…
3. Cold Fusion: Did you know that there are now 800,000 Cold Fusion developers, up from 200,000 in 2004. That’s what the graph said anyway.
4. A cheap Physics engine for Flash Pro? It looks like they have added a cheap physics engine to enhance tweens. OK. Hopefully there will be some kind of AS3 interface to it.
5. Flash Player 10.1: Optimized for handsets to save lots of memory. It looks like Adobe fixed a few leaks.
6. Avatar Movie Preview: They had a preview for the Avatar movie. In 3D now less, introduced by the movie’s producer. They showed about 10 minutes of footage. Now I know what this movie is about. I think I liked it better when it was called Dances With Wolves.
7. Oh yeah, Adobe is merging with Omniture. Yawn. Think Mochi next time Adobe.