Posted on December 17, 2010
Atari 16K Retro Remake Contest Nears Final Date
This Sunday evening, at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time, is the deadline for entries into the 16K Atari Retro Inspired Re-make Contest. We have already received a number of very well made entries, so the competition is fierce.
Good luck, and here’s to playing some great 16K games on the site starting Monday afternoon.
Voting will start later in the week and will run through the end of the calendar year.
The prize package will be awarded and send out in early January to the game voted best by the community and the judges (Steve and I).
3. A physical copy of our book, The Essential Guide To Flash Games
4. Clint Herron has graciously offered a license for his Platformer Starter Kit as an an additional prize for the contest
Clint’s product is a full featured development kit for use with the Push-Button Engine. You can see a demo that includes many different examples of the games that can be produced using the kit here: http://hanclinto.com/site/index.php/demo
5. Richard Davey and his wonderful new game, Cat Astro Phi have become an official sponsor of the contest. Richard has graciously added a copy of the masterpiece soundtrack to this game to the prize package.
6. A Snap! Classic Arcades PC game CD collection including: a copy of Atari Warlords for the PC , a copy of Atari Millipede for the PC , a copy of Atari Crystal Castles for the PC , a copy of Atari Combat! (90’s remake from Hasbro).
7. The immeasurable prestige and honor of winning the first 8bitrocket.com 16K Retro Game Remake Contest.