Iain Lobb On The Flash Community
So we missed this a month ago, but Iain Lobb posted a really great piece named The Flash Community Needs a Complete Reboot about a month ago. It’s still worth reading. We really need to read our own industry feeds page more often…
Photonstorm Wants some Special FX Plugins
Richard Davey from Photostorm is very interested in adding retro-style (looks like 16-bit ST and Amiga era) demo scene style special FX to his Flixel Power Tools. If you have any code you would like to contribute, you should contact him.
The Video Game History Museum Has Been Funded!
Last time we left them, the Video Game History Museum Kickstarter project was $1000’s of dollars behind. Well, we are happy to announce that it is now over funded. Currently at 167% funding means the project can get started! Go on over and take a look.
Atari History Facts For September 1981 (30 years ago)
- APX releases Eastern Front (1941) for Atari 8-bit computers
Programmed by Chris Crawford
Jerry White in ANALOG #5 said “No program is perfect, but this one is about as close as you can get.”
- Atari Inc US trademarks FUIC date for “We’ve Brought The computer Age Home”
- September 1: Atari creates last known prototype for 2600 game Yar’s Revenge[i]
- Upper Reaches Of Apshai By Automated Simulations for Atari 8-bit
- Abuse for the Atari 8-bit computers published
Developed by Randy Simon & Robert Freedman
- September 16: Atari publishes Tempest Troubleshooting Guide
- September 16: Atari copyrights Tempest coin-op operation, maintenance, and service manual
- September 25 Atari CommercialAtari 400 Boy Learns French 60 secs Movie
- September 26: Atari Inc. US Trademarks FUIC date for The Communicator
- September 28 : Atari introduces Arcade Game Tempest in San Francisco
- Features Atari’s new Quadrascan color vector graphics system