- Retronauts Get Serious: Jeremy at Retronauts said last week “I’d like to try and turn Retronauts into a true and proper venture”. We wish them all all the luck in the world.
- One of our favorite developers, Chris Sawyer served as producer for the rel-release of his classic PC games Roller Coaster Tycoon and RollerCaoster Tycoon 2 as Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic for iOS and Android. Polygon has a nice story about the release.
- Microsoft is done releasing backards compatible games for the Xbox One…until 2017.
- Retro Gamer article on Karateka.
- Phaser: 173 page Ebook released for the Phaser HTML5 game engine.
- RetroPie 4.1 now available
- RPG Maker is 50% on Steam Right now!
- Game Maker Studio 2 is in Beta.
- Construct 2 Winter Sale
- NES Classic. Still mostly Sold-out. Secondary market prices are hovering around $200. A dealer on Walmart.con is selling one for $271.
- AtGames Atari Flashback Portable: Widely available. Prices hover around $50, and We Love It!
- AtGames Sega Genesis portable: Widely available. Prices hover around $50. Did you know that it can use an SD Card just like the Atari Portable? See Armchair Arcade Review here.
- RetroGamer #173 out now.
Digital Store Highlights
- GOG: Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade released.
- GOG: Stunt Island released.
- Steam: Stern Pinball Arcade released.
- iOS: Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic.
- Android: Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic.
- Wii U: Advance Wars Dual Strike.
- Wii U: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
- Antic The Atari Podcast interviews Wynn Smith of Mosaic Electronics
- Retronauts: Holiday Extravaganza
- Pat The NES Punk: Super Mario Run Review
- RTG 85: How Video Games Saved My Life
- The Jag Bar does Cybermorph
- Construct 2
- DIY Gamer
- Gamemaker/YoYo Games
- Jag Bar
- Nintendo Virtual Console
- Pat The NES Punk
- Pico 8
- Playstation Store PS2 Games
- RetroGamer Magazine
- RPG Maker
- RTG 85
- Xbox One Backwards Compatibility List
(Note: This news update does not contain ALL the retro gaming news in the world, but it does contain the stuff we here at 8bitrocket.com care the most about: A lot of Atari, plus Sega, Nintendo, 80’s and 90’s PC games, PS1/PS2, DIY/maker gaming, new classic consoles, podcasts we love, and almost anything else from the 80’s . If you have news you’d like to clue us into, please contact us)